Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cut off!


Apologies for lack of posts recently. I have been without internet access at home. Oh my goodness me, how did I ever manage without it in the olden days? I had to pick up that strange banana shaped thing in the corner with buttons on it to contact people, then I'd realise I no longer had the number, or had relied on the internet to look it up for a business ...... then I'd plan a day out and go to check if wherever was open and 'ah! - no internet!'. Then I came to do some breastfeeding counselling - total nightmare! No backup of wonderful egroup of experienced folk, and no access to the calendar to book next month's shifts.




Still, it's not all bad. I've got loads done. We had a fabulous week going out and about last week, including discovering the Shields ferry - amazing. I always think of North Tyneside as so so far away because it takes so long to drive there, yet hop on a ferry there and five minutes later you're in the middle of South Shields, just down the road from here. The kids loved it. Pic above!




This week we have been breaking eggs with sticks. I have finally broken out some of the lawn to amke a vegetable patch, as well as tidied up the garden generally, a very prickly business with all the brambles. We have some seeds and some little spinach plants in pots to put out. Ho hum - I usually kill everything. I feel fairly positive though, if nothing else raking about in all that mud was fun :-)
Off to London tomorrow - and I didn't know when I booked but I'm landing in and then taking off from Terminal Five - wish me luck!

No comments: