



Today we went to a home education Christmas party, it was great. It's been lovely to meet such cool people and spend time with them all, adults and children.
It was somewhere in Newcastle. I'm very proud of my newfound ability to navigate around Newcastle in a car, I even managed to then drive into the centre, park up, shop and go home again, with only a minor detour Northwards as I went the wrong way past St James' park, my red and white supporter kids heckling of course.
I love driving over the Tyne Bridge, have been over it every day this week so far, it's beautiful. I also love driving over Wearmouth Bridge here in Sunderland just a few minutes from my house, it's like a smaller Tyne Bridge but as any Mackem will tell you it came first (just!!). When I was little it was red but now it's green the same as its big bro. See pics above - Tyne Bridge, Wearmouth at night, Wearmouth green as it is today with the railway bridge, and Wearmouth red. Home educating has changed the way I view things, I looked up the history of these two magnificent structures I live so near to and think about it when I go over them. The Wearmouth replaced an older bridge, the Tyne was new and complimented the other bridges it stands parallel with.

No comments:
Post a Comment