Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Second half of November..

Well I was going to blog today to complain that my big three are all vomiting, quite spectacularly in fact, involving top bunks (never good) and bizarrely all at exactly the same time (suggesting they all caught it from the same person and I can't think of anyone they've played with who is poorly, or else that I poisoned them and there's nothing they all ate that the rest of us didn't).







But then I noticed that my previous post involved illness so I decided that would be really boring of me so I won't mention it ;-) I will say it occured to me at one point that if they'd all still been in school today would have been exactly the same - we'd've all been here in the house. I think that's the first time this has happened. I've been much less stressed though, to say something positive about home ed! I didn't have to decide what to do, and we're all used to each other's company all day.








So rather than waffling on about illnesses I thought I'd upload a couple of pictures of projects they did at Seven Stories the other week.
Martha busy
Martha's result - a puppet on a stick
Rosie busy
Rosie's result - a mound of glue on paper
Isaiah and Flossie were busy playing with trains across the room.
Oh and also we've joined a fantastic singing group that's just for Christmas. the kids have been learning how to sing properly, with breathing and stuff, and have even learnt a circle dance. Great stuff :-)
We've run out of work. I'm waiting for stuff to come in the post and trying to chill. My children seem to fly through stuff. I'm trying to notice how much they learn inbetween, by doing normal stuff. For a start they've got loads of craft things that they're plodding through quite voluntarily - for several birthdays now very well meaning people have bought them kits for this that and the other, and there was just never time to do them, what with school, and life with a new baby. with being a little bit older and having more time they're now finally appreciating them. They've made a bird bath, a hanging basket, proper jewellery, a sequin picture and several greetings cards, just off the top of my head.
What else? Oh yes we borrowed a dog and had a walk, we've led toddlers oh and we went to a home ed meet up at the station museum where a nice museum lady talked about Victorian life, they all enjoyed that and the girls made Victorian style Christmas cards. Isaiah still thinks craft is just for girls. Funnily enough he didn't mind deciding to make that bird feeder - he did it at the bottom of the garden in the outhouse that would ahve been the old loo.

No comments: