
Hello any fans who have wondered why I haven't blogged for so long! The main reason is that on Valentine's Day I was lucky enough to go into hospital for a planned 'op'. All ok, the best bit, it has to be said, was that I was officially'out of action' on the Friday so various friends (including yellow - hello yellow and thanks!) helped out, the baby went to nursery, and I did nothing but read. Oh, and sleep. The thing that hit me hardest for several days was the anaesthetic.....
This was then followed by half term, and an unfortunately timed visit from the in laws. To be fair Valerie was more helpful than she has been for years, was most concerned at my peely wally appearence, she even put some washing round, but it was still hard work and I just wasn't well enough. All this made me feel for several days that I was only just managing to survive, and do the stuff that desperately 'needed' doing.
They left on Thursday, a week to the day after my op. I concentrated on doing as little as possible, apart from a couple of treats that had been planned for yonks, well before I knew I'd be going into hospital. On Friday evening my friend M from college and I went to the Sage to see Fairport Convention, who, it has to be said, were totally fantastic. My favourite is Chris Leslie because of his immensely talented fiddle and mandolin playing. Then on Sunday the six of us went to the National Railway Museum in York because we got free tickets to the Thomas the Tank engine event there. The best bit of that was actually spending some really decent quality time together as a family for the first time for ages. Oh and the Royal Train exhibition, I want my own train with soft furnishings too...... ;-)))
Back to normal today! School etc. And apart from being tired we're all ok, life continues.
I still haven't found headspace to check my soil type as suggested in Mel's Blog. Maybe this week. It would be too early to plant anything here in the chilly North East anyway I imagine, not that I'm the expert, there's still time.

No comments:
Post a Comment