My eldest two are having a heated discussion all of their own.
First Born :- 'Catholics think Mary is the Mother of God but how can she be, because God made Mary'.
Only Son :- 'Yes I believe Mary was made by God but.......'
F.B. :- 'Mr Anderson got it wrong. How can Mary be the Mother of God? Madeleine thought it was funny when he said that.'
O.S. :- 'Yes Catholics think.......
F.B. :- 'They are wrong. And I hate saying the Hail Mary'
O.S. :- 'I hate saying ......'
F.B. (now very agitated with her brother) :- 'They're wrong! I hate saying the Hail Mary'.
You'd almost think listening to her that Isaiah had personally written the Creed of the Catholic Church, and he didn't actually get a chance to say whether he agreed with it or not! Talk about inviting conflict, not listening and lack of empathy! Far more so than my footballing old men in the previous post. And speaking of inviting conflict, before I do, apologies and much respect to my Catholic readers. I don't personally believe in Marianism but I don't want to fight about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment