
Martha and I had an absolutely fantastic night out watching 'The Nutcracker' on Saturday. I'm not really into ballet and she hadn't been before but The Nutcracker is really 'beginner friendly'.
We were right up at the top of Darlington Civic Theatre in the Upper Circle, the evening was spiced up by watching the lighting guy hang over the edge of the rail whilst harnessed to the ceiling :-S Exciting stuff!
Having been bitten by the theatre bug I've also booked to go and see 'Joseph' with the three big 'uns in July, but as it's so expensive we've ended up with fantastic seats right in the front row right in the middle .... of the Gallery!! Otherwise known as 'The Gods' - the fourth level up at Sunderland Empire. I had to lie to the woman at the ticket office and pretend I don't suffer from vertigo ..... apparently there are safety barriers, I'll be fine, I hope ..... lots of prayer and breathing exercises! Apart from that I'm really excited, I love Joseph :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment