
Happy Easter Folks :-)
Flossie is six today. Unbelievable. We celebrated with a trip to Warkworth Castle where they had a fairy hunt - highly appropriate! We called at Barter Books on the way home, a fabulous second hand bookstore in an old station in Alnwick. Finally, we ate lots of pink cake, of course.
The snow is weird - it's never before snowed on 24th March, at least since I began noticing the date in 2002. It's also the only time it will be Easter Monday on this date in Flossie's lifetime, although she has a couple of potential Good Fridays and Easter Saturdays way in the future when she's ever older and crabbier than me.
All this fuss about Easter being early made me look it up, and I discovered the only time 24 March was easter Sunday for centuries was in 1940. Now, remember me blogging about my Aunty Elizabeth who died recently? She shared Joanna's birthday and was born in 1940. How cool is that?
Enough typing, my fingers are frozen. I will just add that I found a pic of my Paternal Grandmother on the net, so wanted to share it with you all, she looks like a stunning 1940's lass, complete with, I'd guess, the very bright red lipstick they were encouraged to wear to defy Hitler and general war austerity. Go girl :-)


1 comment:
Happy Easter to you too, and your family.
Post a Comment