Rosie is absolutely terrified of Rocky, my elderly dwarf lop :-(
No idea how that happened. Unlike with my mate's dog, she isn't getting it from me (either my own fears or my expectations of her fear - this has been a surprise the others were all fine with him from day one even big scaredy poo Martha), or any of the kids. Isaiah has tried hugging Rocky in front of her, Flossie put her arms around her in a big sisterly fashion (good for both of them, they're growing up) whilst stroking him with one hand, I've tried staying chilled, and when that didn't work, holding her tightly, but she still screams with terror when he comes past.
I'm beginning to wonder if it may just be a genetic tendency, and 'one of those things'. At least she probably won't go up to strange dogs and stroke them enthusiastically when she's bigger.

2 comments:
I wonder if she had a run in with him, face to face, when she was at the crawling stage?
Hello Yellow. I don't think so, but that's my adult perception of 'run in' I suppose when he was the same size as her, and she's not that much bigger even now, him bouncing past may have seemed scary. Ah well, we plod on.
Post a Comment