Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Moving on

Apologies for my miserable blog post of the other day. Mother's Day was hard - but not as bad as last year, which in turn wasn't as bad as the year before. So I guess things move on.


The best bit was when Dad brought the four kids and some scrambled egg into bed first thing in the morning and Rosie lunged at it with her mouth wide open expecting to eat it, clearly 16 months is a bit young to compute bringing your mam breakfast in bed. She then grabbed the spoon and fed it to her Isaiah! Breakfast in bed holds no demons for me, my own mam would *never* have allowed anything so frivolous. Then at church they were a bit less gushy than usual, so that was ok.

I taught a breastfeeding class last night, and have three more booked for March, with a possible fourth being slotted in next week. This is way more than I've ever done before. I enjoy it, and we could do with the money, but I'm aware of the possibility of burning out so am going to see how it goes. Just wish so many of them weren't through the tunnel! I've booked a flight for a meeting in London on 16th April as well. Not good - another activity that gets more scary the more I do it, not less like the textbooks say. Ah well. At least going to London is *fast* - you take off, get served a coffee then land. And I fly BA because I have to go to Heathrow so it's kinda plush.

I'm still loving my new nappies. I also have some pants to use the prefolds without the tie on disanas now, not as reliable but a lot faster for when we're all fed up and we're just going to be home. I picked them up cheap from someone who is having a clear out. I was wondering if I'd burn out by now but I haven't, I still love them, even feel a kind of satisfaction from putting them into the washing machine.

No comments: