Saturday, March 28, 2009

Busy few days

Time to catch up on the other stuff we've been doing, if I can even remember any of it in the haze of excitement of baby being here.

We were all tired after out busy weekend when I went to Yorkshire, so we had a few lies in...

The weather got better so we went to Marsden Bay. Rosie followed the other kids everywhere, determined to be one of them, but ended up just walking straight though rock pools, sitting down in surprise, then being very cross when she got all wet! Here she is basking on a rock getting dried out.......

The weather's now foul again so we went to Seven Stories today, we were going to go sometime soon as Flossie was seven this week (separate birthday post coming) and she wanted to take best friend E. Good timing as E's house is a flurry of breastfeeding and sleepless nights.

We have joined a home ed reading group with the family we love from Redcar, it's at family with six kids' house outside Durham. Martha and I read 'Gold Dust' by Geraldine McCaughrean, it was tough going but it interested us in Brazil, Isaiah joined in researching the country and culture. My copy is now up for sale on Amazon Marketplace under 'jemthbarry'.... anyone fancy it??! The younger kids read 'Gobbolino' Or I read it to Flossie anyway, it's fab, revisit it everyone please! I'm not selling it I want to keep it so get your own! Oh that reminds me we spent Mother's day at Warkworth Castle then Barter Books, where Isaiah picked up the sequel. He's really enjoying it. We loved the reading group, lovely people in it and it encourages us all to read. Our family seems small there though, Family We Love are expecting their fifth, a family with five kids have just left to move away, host family have six. It's nice not to feel like an abnormally large family I have to say.

We went to Segedunum not to learn about the Romans but about the Tudors on a home ed trip on Thursday, that's where we were when TR was born. I'll never ever forget it now..... the experience itself was great, the kids enjoyed it and learned loads, it was really well organised, but I was getting texts form TR's biggest sister like 'Mam's 8 cm now' so it was all completely lost on me. Bizarrely a child with the same T name as TR got lost, so there was a flurry of shouting 'T'! 'T'!! and then she was found and her rather green and shaky mam was hugely relieved, at almost exactly 12.39 when little T was being born. It's not a common name or one I've ever thought of much but I like it and it had very positive connotations when the text came through.

On Friday Isaiah had a major meltdown so we missed toddlers, I went to open up then close, I couldn't face any more than that. I went to pizza hut with Martha for some much needed big girl time for tea.

No comments: