Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bundling Up

It's been really really cold here the last few days. Time to get out the hats. Everyone except Isaiah has a full compliment of hats scarves and gloves, so that's ok, not oo big a draw on the finances :-)





Suitably bundled up, we went for a walk down the pier on Thursday.




Fabulous view but very cold! We gave our home edding friends in Redcar a wave ;-) Seriously, it's hard to work out what's what on the horizon, wish I knew what I was looking at! We borrowed a friend's dog to improve the experience, so now I've picked up poo way out to sea.

My friend died on Thursday evening. It was actually a bit of a relief by then, to know he wasn't suffering anymore, and his wife, while devastated, could stop living at the hospital waiting.

I've been trying to appreciate what I've got as a result. Isaiah and I had some quality time in McDonalds on Friday evening.






Inbetween times, we've done loads and loads of work. Isaiah's story has grown and grown and still isn't done, he wears a cape to write it :-)) Martha's poem is on the wall, we've read some history, made glitter pictures, dug into literacy and churned out loads and loads of maths. I now have made more playdough pies to demonstrate fractions than I care to think about.

I've got back to working in the breastfeeding line. I was put off by a few experiences in the summer, nothing to do with the work itself but things that happened while I was working - I ended up with a bit of a fear of the phone ringing and being obliged to answer it, and also just plain being very busy. I've just about managed to get back on that particular horse again, I did an hour yesterday and one today. Apart from anything else we need the money! I've really tried hard not to spend much but it's so hard.

Oh and I booked to once again spend New Year at the Inlaws. Seems a long time off, but it's bound to fly as usual.

2 comments:

Clare Kirkpatrick said...

Really sorry to hear about your friend, Mam.

Thank you so much for the presents for the girls (and for us!). Well done for getting back on the bf line. I can't say I'm missing working - I don't seem to stop doing things from the second I wake to the second I go to sleep, and even then I usually have to do a few mothering things during the night too - feeding a baby, banishing a bad dream out the window, taking a 3yo to the loo etc. Don't know how I will ever fit doing my paid BFC work in again!

Mam said...

Tell me about it! Last night I worked on the line and left a very grumpy dad with the baby, the boy to put into bed, and the Guides run to do. I think when you have small kids npo matter what you do the day (and night) will always be chocca!