We have had a much more chilled out day today. I am currently leading a toddler group on Friday's due to an unfortunate accident happening to my friend T's husband, about which I'm not going to talk about in this blog - too messy and too painful for all concerned. Anyway, T was the leader on Monday and Friday, so S is now doing Monday and we all go along on a Friday.
I was a bit apprehensive when I decided to pull my children out of school, knowing by then that this would be happening, and in fact thinking I'd have Monday too before S stepped in. So far however it's been fine, they just muck in.
I think we're all a bit under the weather, everyone wanted to sleep when we got home! Then some free play, a couple of school's programmes that I'd recorded on the sky box, lots and lots of reading, and Dad was home early so we went shopping. I reckon at least one of the three older kids would have been sent home from school today and so would have wasted time 'ill' - they may have done nothing 'structured' today but they've read tons, used their imagininations, sung, taken responsibility for tidying up and watching toddlers share toys occasionally intervening, been creative with crafty stuff and socialised with children and adults of all ages (apart from age 5-16 other than themselves - everyone is at school of course!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment