Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eyelash mites




Today I'm trying to be relaxed. The kids are enthusiastically reading an animal encyclopaedia, so I'm trying to leave them to it and not insist they read something else just because it was part of 'my plan', because that way they would rebel and not learn a thing whereas this way we now all know all about eyelash mites. Blurrrggghhhhhhhhh wish I didn't but nevermind.
We've been trying to tidy our whole house, it's a nightmare. The kitchen looks great - much bigger - the downside being that you can now see there is no plaster on the wall. The lounge now has a tidy almost empty surface above the rabbit's cage, but there is still a lot of papers around the pooter, and a *huge* messy pile of toys in the corner. I'm going to do the hoovering later, it's rice for tea, no point now :-)

4 comments:

Yellow said...

Don't ever do that to me again!!!! I checked your blog for the first time this month and thought 'Oh no, the poor kids have eyelash mites!!!'. It's so fantastic that your blogging again. I don't arrange to see you nearly as often as I should. I was chatting with some other mums in the Reception year about how many hours we guessed the kids were actually 'learning' rather than moving from one calss to another, in play time, or lunch, or doing regsiter. I suppose that, depending on the school and teachers, the kids are learning the whole time, but I guess you know what I mean. Not home schooling myself actually makes me a little nervous about doing 'achademic' stuff with the kids, because I don't the kids to be bored at school because they've already learnt that year's syllabus. Not to worry, the kids have such a range of interests that we have no problem filling their hours at home. Sad news that your friend had finally passed away, but it's reassuring to read that your faith as as strong as ever, and the Almighty is obvously watching over you all. And what's this about cleaning the house?

Mam said...

Hello Steph. I've always felt in awe of you for the amount of stuff you manage to do with your kids, all very creative, and how well they respond! I don't think you need worry about extra academic stuff ;-) How was your parents evening?

Mam said...

Oh and by the way, yes we do have eyelash mites and, here's the exciting bit ... so do you !! :-))

Yellow said...

I didn't go to the parents evening, because both their reports were fine last year & neither have any issues at the momoent. I was reassured by the fact that both of their teachers cobbled me last week to remind me that i hadn't yet booked a time for the parents evening, but when I said I didn't think there was a need, they both agreed all was fine. Nice that they noticed the kids weren't booked in & ttook the effort to check.