I've been a really good mam this weekend. On Saturday despite the low temperatures we went to Chester le Street Park. I took a flask of coffee for myself and friends M and R, having learned to do this from T who always does this and brings me a cup too, and a tub of grapes for the kids. M saw the coffee and said 'Oh I see you've turned into T' and I said 'I'm B too' and produced the grapes. B is M's friend too and one of those super organised really uber good mams, M's and my kids have long benefitted from her organisation she often pulls out beautifully presented fruit in the oddest of places.
On Sunday it was even colder yet there I was shivering away at Seaburn play area with B - oh that lovely sea breeze :-))
Thursday and Friday we had Home Ed Family We Adore up here, and we went to Lovely New Home Ed Friends' house in Newcastle. They have three kids who match my big three perfectly -it's almost scary. Big fairly well balanced girl, boisterous but lovely boy, girly little girl. Isaiah loved their play area - he wants me to drive all the way back up there so he can go to it often.
Life has been cancelled yesterday and most of today - my temp has been doing funny things. I can cope when it's 38 degrees it's just annoying, 39 degrees is incapacitating. I feel a bit more like myself this evening. I was very proud of the children they just carried on, some maths and drawing was done, and today they did some chores as the place was a tip - dad has exams this week so all rubbish timing. Even Rosie pottered about, though she just would not leave me alone when I retired to my bed when I was 39 degrees, she leapt about, sang the wheels on the bus in my ear as I was dozing off, and worst of all, insisted on sticking icy cold hands down my top, eeuugghhh brrr! I don't mind really, she cheers me up. She's been really funny a few times, when she wanted some of Isaiah's crisps she said 'Share!' to him very sternly, oh and when I asked her to stop sticking her hands down my top she said 'me gentle!'
I have to admit the idea of her moving into her own bed terrifies me. I guess I'll feel differently when she's bigger - not many parents want to sleep with their 15 year olds after all. It's a gradual thing I suppose, separation as a baby grows up.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Being a really good mam
Labels:
Friends,
Getting stuff sorted,
Home Education,
Illnesses,
Kids,
Trips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hope you feel better soon!! It's not fun at all looking after kids when you feel that rotten.
I know what you mean about the bedsharing, H has recently adopted her own room, and I really miss my 'hot water bottle' to snuggle up to at night, though she usually makes an appearance at some point in the small hours just to remind us she's still there!
I've tagged you to do a meme!: http://seeingwithneweyes.homeschooljournal.net/2009/01/25/8-random-things-about-me/
Post a Comment