Now that it's a new year I keep dreaming about growing vegetables, it seems to kind of be the next thing to look forward to. Last night in my dream my whole lawn was dug up ready and I was putting onions in.
Given that the total sum of all my efforts last year was one meal worth of small carrots, I may be a little optimistic in my midnight subconscious fantasising. well..... you have to start somewhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The trick is to see it as an 'educational' project, rather than an attempt to feed yourselves, then you don't feel so disappointed if the outcome doesn't actually constitute what you need for even one meal LOL! One tip, though, grow potatoes in barrels or bins - don't bother with putting them in the ground. In fact, you can do loads in containers. The easiest and most confidence boosting thing to do is to grow cut-and-come-again salad leaves in a hanging basket - put it near your kitchen door. Slugs can't get to it and you get lovely fresh salad leaves every day - they're really, really easy to grow.
Hello Clare. I was actually very proud of my one meal - we grew the carrots from seed and they were very cute! I took a photo but the technology is letting me down it won't upload, they're sitting on the very last school reports my children got, so the school's crest is in the background which places them nostalgically in July 2008 just before they left and closed the St Benet's chapter in the history of our family
Our carrots all got eaten al fresco - pulled up, washed in a bowl of water outside, eaten straight away! We did get a meal out of our potatoes though :-)
Post a Comment