Monday, December 10, 2007

Breaking Eggs with Sticks

Wow today I have been Superwoman. Rosie went to nursery for an extra ession so I could get sorted and boy did I grab the opportunity.

Our household has gone from having 'loads of stuff in for Christmas but I can't remember what or for who or where I've put it... eeek please help!' (as I whinged to my friend T the other day) to having several large black binsacks of presents in categories, eg 'Martha' or 'Dad's Family' or 'Friends', with a list made of things left to buy, and I even got about a quarter of them wrapped. Due to my super organisedness, I can now go and grab a bag at a time to finish the wrapping. Are you impressed or what? ;-)))

We didn't have such a good afternoon unfortunately. Yesterday I left my phone at my friend's, confirmed by a bizarre conversation with her teenage son when he rang my landline on it so it looked as if I was ringing myself :-))) Today I risked popping out for just an hour and twenty minutes, that was all, to Morrisons, and school rang saying I had to pick up a poorly Isaiah just five minutes after I left. Doh! By the time I got back and picked up the message they'd left on the landline Dad had left work and skived a meeting to pick him up.

How on earth did anyone manage in the days before mobiles anyway? It's not that long ago!

5 comments:

Slimmer said...

Sounds like you have all had a horrible virus. Grrr. Hope you're all feeling better soon
Kelly x

Yellow said...

I saw the kids in the school hall after the Panto but couldn't fight through the crowd of parents to say hiya to you.

Mam said...

Hello - yes I saw you too but you were locked in behind Michele and I had my pushchair with me. What a bear fight that all was!

Tracy said...

Hi i came to your blog via beansprouts. I just wanted to say keep up the breastfeeding good work. I breastfed my son till he was 3. I took much leg pulling from friends and family but as he and I both enjoyed it we ignored them. He is 10 now, top of his class, been to the DR about 3 times in his life and definatly not a Mummy's boy although we still have a great bond
Tracy

Mam said...

Hello Tracy and welcome to my very new blog! Breastfeeding is one of my very favourite topics of conversation as you may have noticed.