Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tidying Up


Today we finally finished our Chicken, Dad made it into Lasagne. It was a magnificent bird, Christmas Dinner was spot on, but it fell a bit flat as the children were far too excited to eat, so there were just the two of us to partake of chicken, chipolatas, bacon, bread sauce, gravy, mash, roasties, parsnips, stuffing, cabbage, sprouts and carrots. Next year I'm going to drag in some guests or just not bother. Any volunteers?


This morning didn't go too well. Remember I talked about how organised Dad's friends' wives all are the other day? Well the friend whose house we went to yesterday definitely qualified. Dad was somewhat unsettled after visiting their immaculate house despite two lively kids and 36 week pregnant bump, and then this morning announced that we were going to spend the morning tidying the kids' bedroom. Oh dear. I was not happy! Tidying all in one go really isn't my thing, I prefer to do 15 minutes here and there. Still I have to admit it does look nice now :-) It's keeping it up that's the real problem, it's hard enough checking they're all dressed/undressed/fed/clean without also keeping track of three of them putting everything back in toy boxes, especially with a fourth who is hell bent on getting it all out again and flinging it around the room. Rosie reminds me of Martha, she's into everything, I turn my back for a second and she gets out the olive oil and flour, she eats raw veg out of the organic box and I find things with bites out of them, and she absolutely luurrrves pens and won't let go when she gets one, this morning she drew black stripes all over her face.


We went back to my newly rediscovered sea after lunch as a reward, then to my friend T's for tea, (yum) where I discovered Jack Daniels.. Now I'm going to have to decide whether to invest in a new bottle of single malt (since my 'friend' F borrowed mine then drank the lot!!) as per my original plan, or to have a change and begin a friendship with Jack. Hmmmm, watch this space!

No comments: