Today I have had a whole two and a half hours to myself, sheer bliss.
This morning I gave Dad time to himself and went to see my cool friend with boys down the road, she's great she gives me bacon sandwiches and reassures me that Isaiah's behaviour is normal :-)))
After that I dropped the four of them home and went for a walk, just me. Weird. Lots of time to think. Then I went into town on the metro, bumping into Steph on the way and her dad, who I knew was staying from Mel's blog. Funny thing this blogging lark, I'm beginning to think of Steph as 'Yellow' and her dad, of course, as 'Bill of Ballaugh' . Where's Ballaugh, Bill?
The sales are great, I got birthday presents for Valerie the MIL, my godson A and my mate F (yes, the whisky snatcher ;-) ), and a Christmas present for Dad's grandma, a gorgeous scarf. I bought myself the latest Ben Elton book with my voucher I got for christmas from S in Australia, and some jeans with the next voucher I got from C in the summer. I had to capitulate and buy a size 6. This whole weight thing is a myth, people claim not to be able to lose it but I can't keep it on! I also invested in some Yves Saint Laurent 'Radiant Touch' because I've been very baggy round the eyes since turning 30. It's a bit expensive, hope it works and also lasts a year.
Oh one funny thing that happened today, well it wasn't at the time but is now - I'm looking after my friend R's cats while she's away - and one of them decided to go for a nice little wander last night and today. He refused point blank to come in last night then today was nowhere to be seen. I'd got as far as ringing the council to see if he'd been found by the side of a road when he came wandering up, right as rain. Pish. That's my friend R that Yellow and I used to fight over looking after - we were asked to look out for her as a brand new mum by the then chair of our NCT branch and each of us tried to outdo the other in our efforts :-)))
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment