I'm supposed to be very very busy. It's Christmas Eve, 6.15 pm. Dad is in the kitchen peeling veg with the kids. I'm here slumped at my pooter having just had a major meltdown because rinsing the chicken freaked me out! I do not like raw meat one bit. Bluurgghh. Its an eight pounder which yes is a tiddler compared with most people, but to me it seems gigantic.
Apart from that it's going very well though. Annual present giving ceremonies with various friends have been completed, and I'm now the proud owner of two new pairs of earrings, a new bracelet, a necklace,a very funky VW camper van eggcup :-))) and a notepad with my name on it which was given tongue in cheek. Oh and a lush bath thingy. I like Christmas Eve - it's the day when I get presents for *me*!
Off to go and infuse the milk for the bread sauce. I love bread sauce - don't write it off before you've tried it. I infuse half a pint of milk the night before with an onion stabbed with lots of cloves,a little salt and pepper, then just before I need it use very cheap white bread because it crumbles and swells easily, not too much of it, and just warm it through, then add a dollop of cream. Marvellous!
Happy Christmas :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a great way of making bread sauce, which we love too. Hubby just uses a packet mix. I'll add that to next year's list of suggestions.
Post a Comment