Saturday, January 5, 2008

Enchanted!

Guess where I've been?!







Yup - to see 'Enchanted'. And, you are now assuming, as a mother of four young 'uns - I was a good mam and took them as they'd been begging to go. We went along in daylight hours, you are thinking, I bribed them with sweets to keep still, I sat with my eyes glazing over whilst they thoroughly enjoyed it, and they told Dad all about it afterwards.







Well, you would be wrong! My children had the choice between Enchanted and Alvin the other day and chose Alvin. Nope - I went out on Friday evening to meet my friend from school, H, at the Red Lion. When I arrived she seemed a little unsettled, a little more irritated than she would usually be to find the pub busy, a little reluctant to chill out and enjoy her Hot Chocolate (yes we drink Hot Chocolate in the Red Lion on Friday evenings these days - we are in our thirties now!), finally she came out with 'Are you sure you wanted to go to the pub tonight? We could have gone to the cinema. Enchanted starts at eight fifty and it's just around the corner.....'





So there I ended up seeing Enchanted after all, with the Friday Evening revellers. We saw an old teacher in the queue which turned me straight back to a 16 year old of course (eee hee hee look giggle giggle there's Mrs Such and Such...) and then in we went to our seats. H continually denied it being a children's film 'Humph! It's Kiddy - Adulty!' yeah right of course.......that's why all my kids' friends have been to see it....





However I had to eat my words. Enchanted is absolutely fantastic for adults. I'd thoroughly recommend it! I was glad I hadn't taken my kids - most of the humour would have been completely over their heads, yet H and I were falling out of our seats with tears pouring down our cheeks at some of the one liners from the Prince especially. Great stuff! I want it for my birthday it should be out on DVD by then, hint hint Dad (who never reads my blog, sigh).





My favourite character (now I sound like I'm writing a 'what I did this weekend' for Mrs Such and Such!) was of course Susan Sarandon's Wicked Queen.











Especially when she holds up the traffic to cross the road with an evil glare and magic zapped from her witch like fingernails - oh how I'd like to do that. What a superb role model! (don't worry I'm only half serious..)




The only other thing of note thats happened to me, if you can call it that!, this weekend is that whilst I was driving through Sunderland Les Dennis crossed the road in front of my car. Not as unlikely as it sounds, he's in panto there, but still bizarre!

No comments: