I have made the most amazing discovery.

Disana tie on nappies are fantastic. They are made of lovely cream organic cotton, they aren't all that fiddly to tie, and with a prefold inside are extremely reliable. They also dry in seconds, unlike all shaped nappies.
I have a cupboard full of inherited prefolds so I bought twelve disanas. I also now have about six shaped nappies for out and about and about six fluffy decent brand terries (three from before three new) for night time and longer trips out in the day.
Best thing about my disana and prefold combination is that I've finally beaten Rosie's nappy rash, it seems it was being caused by rough towelling fabric. Disanas are so lovely and soft so her skin doesn't rub round the sides where she moves, and the prefolds aren't too bad smoothness wise and go right underneath and are covered by the liner. Prefolds alone leak I've always found, but disanas hold everything in place around the edges a lot better.
If my fluffy terries go gradually stiff and t he problem reoccurs I'm going to invest in some made from bamboo. Three of my shaped nappies are made from bamboo, two are secondhand and they are still soft.
I've also invested in a woolly wrap for nighttime so that for a decent chunk out of 24 hours her bum can breathe. I'd never have believed a wool wrap would work, I was extremely apprehensive the first night and expected to wake up in a puddle, but it was fine, and her bum again seemed a lot healthier.
So I've only had to buy twelve organic cotton disanas, a woolly wrap, three new terries and a handful of secondhand fitted nappies and she should be sorted now until potty training. Not bad :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment