This weekend all my thoughts have been taken up with nappies. This happens periodically, and apparently not just to me! Cloth nappies seem to be a boom industry right now, and there is a huge variety to choose from to suit various needs.
Rosie is nearly too big for the size one original totsbots which I inherited from T, so I'm shopping around. The totsbots are fantastic for easy to use-ness, but take ages to dry (I have no tumbler) and go a bit stiff over time.
I have a size 2 bamboozle on its way to me, basically the same product but made from bamboo. Apparently its less likely to go stiff. Some reports say it will be quicker drying, others say it'll take longer. I await a trial run!
Dad prefers traditional terry squares, my favourite are made by little ewe, they are cream and seem to stay soft. My high street ones are stiff as a board and make Rosie sore as a result.
I have made my own fleece liners, I bought a sheet of fleece from John Lewis and cut it up. They help to protect Rosie from stiff nappies as well as staying fairly dry. I do find, however, that a barrier cream is necessary, but am in debate at the moment because it clogs the fleece, so a paper liner on top of that is a bonus but that becomes an awful lot of nappy!
I am also looking in to buying a wool or fleece wrap for night time use, as the motherease PUV wraps I have are very very good at keeping everything dry but don't breathe very well. Ho hum, watch this space!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
There's something about cloth nappies that is adictive!
I have recently bought some of Mothercare's 'Smart Nappies' (because I really needed to boost my huge stash of nappies ;-) and I think they are pretty good, and not too expensive. I would recomend checking them out.
Suzanne
Thanks. One of the annoying things with real nappies is that the best tend to be only available online, it would be nice to be able to actually see and feel some before purchasing! I'll have a look
Post a Comment