Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Umpity Flumps


Florence was in a really funny mood last week, funny weird I mean, not funny haha. Her face said it all - downturned, moody, sulky, introverted. She argued with everyone she usually likes, and even complained that her schoolfriends 'wanted to play with me and I wanted to be by myself'.


Just as I was wondering whether to worry, on Sunday having had enough of all this the bigger two sang the 'umpity flump' song at her. Bizarrely it seemed to work and she cheered up.


This morning she was in such a good mood that she made all the breakfasts off her own bat, her only complaining was a fairly cheerful comment that Martha wouldn't wake up enough to tell her which cereal to pour into her bowl :-) I just hope it lasts awhile!


After much umming and aaahing I took Rosie for a meningitis C jab yesterday, she's been very grumpy ever since. If she doesn't cheer up I may resort to calpol. My other three had the MMR, her's is due but I have changed my mind about it. Dad wants her to have it. Ho hum. Much reading and digging through bumf ahead.

No comments: